RYA Day Skipper Theory
A comprehensive introduction to cruising for inexperienced skippers.
This course equips you with enough knowledge to navigate around familiar waters by day. A basic knowledge of lights is also included to introduce you to night cruising.
This is a 5 day course run from our shorebased classroom.
Course topics include:
- The basics of seamanship
- The essentials of coastal navigation and pilotage
- Electronic charts
- Position fixing
- Plotting a course to steer
- Weather forecasting and meteorology
- Collision regulations
- Construction, parts and equipment of a cruising boat
- Emergency and safety procedures including distress calls,use of flares, safety harnesses, lifejackets and liferafts
RYA Day Skipper Theory course price
Shorebased course (5 Days)
- 5 days tuition
- Provisions for lunch
- Training Charts
- Use of plotters, dividers and other training materials
Does not include
- Accommodation, breakfast and dinner
- Flights and transfers
- 5 days